Future chemical risk management SOU 2019:45
Published · Updated
The Inquiry Chair on combination effects and assessing groups of chemicals has delivered its final report to the Government. The report is entitled Future chemical risk management – Accounting for combination effects and assessing chemicals in groups.
The Inquiry Chair was tasked with:
- identifying opportunities, obstacles and previous measures in relevant
- EU legal instruments for managing chemicals by group,
- proposing strategies for future regulation by group and, when required, any necessary amendments of relevant EU legal instruments for managing chemicals by group,
- synthesising the state of scientific knowledge, identifying opportunities and obstacles in different relevant EU legal instruments and previous measures in the area of combination effects; and
- proposing strategies to enable regulation based on, or taking account of, combination effects, proposing other strategies to reduce risks and, when required, proposing necessary amendments to relevant EU legal instruments.